Are you traveling within the USA? As a federally accredited veterinarian practice, we can issue travel certificates for your healthy pet so they can travel with you.


If you are planning on traveling by plane, boat, or car with your pet to another state, your pet may require a domestic health certificate.

Our clinic’s veterinarians are federally accredited so we can issue travel health certificates (Certificate of Veterinary Inspection) for your healthy cat, dog, or another animal so that they may travel with you.

Why does my pet need a certificate to travel?

Health certificates are federal documents that indicate your pet is healthy to travel and won’t pose a health risk to other pets or people.

Animal health requirements may differ from state to state; even airlines may have their own pet travel requirements. Check with your airline and the state(s) you’re traveling to see if they require a health certificate. We strongly encourage checking the USDA APHIS website as early as possible.

USDA APHIS travel requirements

When should I start the process?

Requirements may differ between states and airlines, we encourage you to contact East Central Veterinarians to obtain a health certificate as soon as your travel dates are set.

Certificates must be issued within 10 days of travel. It is important to note that a pet must be at least eight weeks old and fully weaned before traveling. We strongly encourage checking the APHIS website as early as possible.

How can I obtain a domestic health certificate?

First, check with your airline and destination state(s) to see if a travel health certificate is required.

If a certificate is required, call our clinic to schedule an appointment with one of our veterinarians.  Your pet must have a healthy pet exam and up to date rabies vaccinations to travel.  We will work with you to determine your needs, based on your travel destination. Since requirements differ by each state and airline, we encourage you to gather information as early as possible.